Do you like the style of Dj Snake and the process of “modern” EDM music production?
Do you struggle to lay out ideas and to get inspiration quickly for your EDM track in Logic Pro X?
Are you running into writer’s block easily these days? Then this course is for you!
Welcome to this course, where I will teach you how to create electronic music in the style of Dj Snake. In this course, you will learn how to quickly create a “modern” EDM track and get ideas. In just a few hours, you will learn how to overcome writer’s block and arrange your track fast.
In this course, you will learn the following:
- How to produce a full track from scratch to finish.
- How to get from a short musical idea – an 8-bar loop – to a full track.
- Make transitions from different places in your track to get a natural and professional sound.
- How to mix and master a track, so it sounds good in every place you play your track.
- You will get the finished Logic Pro X project file (.lpx file) that you can download and open on your computer. We will first go through an initial idea process or a creative process where we throw every sound that we like into the project. Without any rules, whatever we feel sounds great at that moment. I think that it is essential to be creative when creating music since music is a creative art, after all.
After that, we will go over organizing the project and arranging the track even though we don’t have all the sounds for our final project yet or we’re not 100% happy with the sounds yet. I think it’s essential to create a first arrangement, or what I call “the skeleton of the track.” This is so we can see visually how our track will look when it is done. Now it’s a lot easier to see what sounds we should add where in the track.
When we are done adding more sounds that we like and adding FXs such as transition elements, so our track sounds more alive and not that static – then we are going to the finishing process of the track.
Mixdown and mastering sections are also fully covered in this course so that we can listen to our tracks on every sound system there is out there, like your car speaker, Spotify, or a big club sound system. We are going through how to have it mixed down properly.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s see you in the course :)